Tuesday 17 January 2012

Decorative Tuesday

There is no place like Istanbul. Why? Because is vivid, colourful, bright, loud, intense, flagrant, rampant, oh, the list is tooooo long. 
Well, my first visit in Istanbul was just amazing. Awesome. I love everything about Turkey and its people, their habits, their frankness, hospitality and sense of humour. But most of all I love the spectacle of the city. Istanbul pulses, moves, waves. It's like a cross of East and West roads. It's a beautiful mess, a confusion of many cultures, smells, languages and manners. It's like a magnet - it attracts, drags everyone up. I could talk and talk about my impressions about Istanbul, but the reason I mentioned Turkey was that there is no other place like Istanbul where you find so many pillows everywhere. I guess (I'm not sure, I have never beet to Marrakesh before, but I saw pictures - not too many pillows there). And I love pillows. 

Me and my friend decided to see Topkapi Palace, which was the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans. Needless to say it is just worth seeing, but what I liked the most of the place was the library and imperial hall. 

This is library - I couldn't stop starring at these windows and I imagined myself having place like that one in my own house (or - in my case - rent apt). 


These vivid colours just make me dizzy!
And, of course, Harem. 


Yes, pillows, rugs and bright spaces. That's what I like. 
After visiting Topkapi Palace I have noticed that Turkish use a lot of pillows everywhere. In the evening the restaurants and bars open the area in front of the buildings pulling rugs and pillows on the ground so people can sit (drink and smoke sheesha). 






These last two found at http://www.yurdan.com




Rustic floral green at: http://www.pillowdecor.com


Mosaic Lumbar Toss Pillow and Green&Brown Garden Toss Pillow





Aren't they amazingly gorgeous? These are from Sukan Handmade Design found at Etsy. 


These two covers I brought from Istanbul. 


Ok, and now I'm going to imagine I have exact same couch and pillows and indulge myself in a good book and a coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment